Me,MySeLf AnD DrAMaTiZaTiOn

Thursday, March 02, 2006

ThE ReDuceD ShAkEsPeaRe ComPany


Standing Ovation! That what I think The Reduced Shakespeare Company deserves. I feel the one hour show ended within 10 minutes only. I didn’t realize that time flies like a wind. I laughed from the beginning until the last drop of the play. Can you imagine we can laugh on tragic plays? I really did not expect that tragic plays can be like comedies. I really enjoy the play as it acknowledges me with all the Shakespeare’s masterpieces and of course I just know some of the plays such as Hamlet, Midsummer Night’s Dream, Macbeth, and King Lear. But I am gaining new information as I learn other plays from Shakespeare such as Cleopatra, Othello and some of his poetries.
The three excellence performers, who are Reed Martin, Austin and Adam Long, try to act out all the famous works of Shakespeare in a very different and exclusive way. They perform very well and I respect them as they remember every line of all the plays. Furthermore, just within three of them they can perform various and different characters from 37 scripts and only in 97 minutes. I like at the end of the play when they wrap the plays that they performed in reversal way. I think that’s really funny and creative.
From the play, I also can use some of the performers’ technique in presenting their plays. The use of puppet, how they involves the audiences in the play, how they teach a girl on how to act, all these can be applied in my teaching for the future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home