Me,MySeLf AnD DrAMaTiZaTiOn

Monday, March 20, 2006

MacBeth


MacBeth by William Shakespeare is really a wonderful play. The storyline is excellent as it contains messages that can be learned. In the beginning of the story, I know that MacBeth is a good person but because of his wife keeps pushing him to kill the king makes him lose himself to the situation. After his first intentionally killing, he did not hesitate to kill again and again after that. He kills without being guilty. What I can learn from this example is if you start to do wrong thing once, you will repeated the actions again and again without hesitation and guiltiness. Besides that, many trusted have been betrayed due to the hunger for power and richness. Betrayal from Macbeth and the to the king. This shows that we cannot give fully trust to the people that we trusted because they can backstab us without our realizations. But I can see that not all characters in the play such as betrayer, there are people who really loyal for example Banqour and MacDuff. Sacrifices also can be found in this play. How Banqour sacrifices himself to save his son from the MacBeth’s army really touches my heart. The scene of how the MacDuff’s family is being killed also really touches my emotion especially when his son utters ‘He kills me,mother”. Another thing that I can learn is bad people will get his or her punishment later. Lady MacBeth commits suicide because she cannot take it anymore the punishment that she gets which is she feels that her hands is always full with blood it is not in reality. MacBeth also has been killed by MacDuff due to his arrogance and cruelty.
In addition, the play is so violence until I cannot take it anymore the violence’s. How the characters kill each others are so real until I can feel the pain by myself. The way the army plays with MacBeth’s head also disgusting. But I have to accept the fact that violence is normal especially in wars.
All in all, I do enjoy this play as I can learned many things. Furthermore, the play also helps me to feel what is the tragic play is all about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home