Me,MySeLf AnD DrAMaTiZaTiOn

Friday, March 24, 2006

Pygmalion

When I read Pygmalion, I feel like I have known the story. Then I realized that Pygmalion by Bernard Shaw is a quite similar with Educating Rita by William Russell. The plotline is almost the same as it is about a woman from lower class society who wants to change their status into a higher class of society. I do like the changes that have happened to both of the actresses. How they really determine to get into the changes really impressed me as they just need a few month to do so. This shows that if you really want to achieve something, all you need is to put all your efforts, be commitment and be able to face with difficulties even though sometimes you think you cannot take the challenges anymore. But what tingling in my mind is, why in both play shows that only woman who are going for changes and why cannot it be vice versa? So, I think that the play was written by men so that is the reason why only women who needs changes. If the play was written by women, I think it would turn out differently. Maybe it is men who seek for help to change.
Apart of it, I do like the way Mr.Higgin teaches Eliza even though he is being sarcastic to her. Even though, he concerns only with the pronunciation and appearance of Eliza, but he is really good as between a few month he has be able to change her into high class lady. What is lack in him is the good menace as he is a person who cannot treat other person politely except to his mother and Mr.Pickering. It is normal to have a person who is partially good and bad as not all human is perfect. Same goes with Higgin.
All in all, I do like the play as it taught me a lot of lesson and I hope I can learn from it and apply it in real life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home