Me,MySeLf AnD DrAMaTiZaTiOn

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

The Homecoming by harold pinter

Watching a live theatre performance gives a lot of exposure to me. ‘Homecoming’ by Harold Pinter is my first and foremost live theatre that I have watched. There are bonus points if you have the opportunity to watch live performance compares with reading the text of the play. It is much enjoyable to watch the live performance as I myself don’t have to hold to my imagination as I just have to see what is in front of me. I feel that I am apart of the play because the place is quite small if compares with Istana Budaya.
‘Homecoming’…at first I thought it’s about people came back after been away for so long. But, it is a happy came back but in negative ways as it slips away from my perception of the title. Having experience watching live performance is good but I didn’t like the plotline of the ‘Homecoming’. Personally, I think the values is not really suitable with Malaysia context as most of Malaysian still abide with eastern culture, religion and norms but I keep telling myself that the play is an adaptation from the western culture to a Chinese family. The idea of sharing a woman between family members is really disgusting and unacceptable for me.
Apart of it, I do like the way the actors and actress performed. Actually, I do not know whether they are really good compares to others performers as this is my first experience but I like the way they speak, their non verbal expression and the way they feel their characters.
All in all, the first exposure of watching a live theatre performance does make me feel like making watching theatre as my hobby.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home