Me,MySeLf AnD DrAMaTiZaTiOn

Monday, April 03, 2006

Shirley Lim

It is a pleasure to have a writer in the campus and my group has been invited to go to the session with Shirley Lim. Frankly, I just read her work because I have to do so for the sake of the Malaysian Literature course. I am not really into her work because I think her work is quite difficult for me to understand especially the poem. In the session with her, she is promoting her new book which is Sister’s Swing and she said that she has to make 12 drafts only for the part where the Manglish (Malaysian English ) is concerned so that it would sounded like Manglish. But sadly, when she read out the chapter to us, I cannot really detect the Manglish language at all, that’s only my opinion. But the storyline in her novel is good as it is about siblings’ relationship. I hope she will always succeed in her career as an Asean writers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home